Thursday, August 18, 2005

Maybe some day...

In a letter from Ben after a few years of writing:


I will continue to write you through Joan Wilcox at the adoption agency, as I continue on with my "adventure"--without naming places, locations, etc. Naturally, my hope is still to sit down with you some day over a cup of coffee. However, I have come to terms with the fact that that is not how it will be now. But who knows, perhaps when I am 90 and you are 65, we can get together and reminisce over the good old days?

I love you very much. Your letters have been an inspiration and an affirmation for me. I have sometimes felt like you were brightening the picture a bit--if so, I believe your motive was simply to encourage me and not cause me worry, admirable qualities in a daughter. My love and thanks go out to your parents for helping raise a wonderful girl.

Love, Ben

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne,

I know this probably won't be any help at all, but I felt compelled to leave a note. I was so swept away by the concept and beauty of your book, that I couldn't see the faults in the overview you ran by me if they jumped up and bit me on the nose.

Unfortunately, you're not aware that I almost NEVER just give praise. I ALWAYS have constructive criticism to offer. However, I got such a lovely feeling reading through your overview that I think any amendments would purely be superficial.

I hope you don't chalk this down to a fluffy crit. It's a genuine note from a reader (let alone a writer), to say this book proposal captured my heart and my interst. An editor would be mad not to snap it up.

Anne Ginther said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through that material. I'd love to post it here on the blog, but I don't want to give the story away. :)

I also want to clean up my blog postings... but the little time I have to dedicate to writing needs to go to the actual manuscript and book proposal.

Oh well... I guess some bloggers might get a kick out of seeing this as it's developed... typos, grammatical errors and all!

Thanks again for your support!